Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Books I'm Currently Reading


A fascinating book that describes the techniques involved in facilitating "conversations that matter." Foreward by Meg Wheatley, afterward by Peter Senge. A new theatre project I am working on this semester will incorporate these ideas into the performance.










I picked up this book at the library on a whim a few days before New Year's Eve, and it was one of the most fortunate whims I've had for a while. Kay Redfield Jamison writes about the "passion for life" in an -- well -- exuberant fashion. The book begins with a chapter on Theodore Roosevelt and John Muir, then a chapter on exuberance in nature, and playing in animals. When I closed the chapter on Roosevelt and Muir, I thought, "I used to be exuberant. How did I let myself become so cranky and uninspiring?" This led to one of my resolutions for the new year: Be Exuberant. So far, so good!

No comments:

Think Again: Funding and Budgets in the Arts

Every once in a while, I think I'll post a link or two to posts written earlier in the life of Theatre Ideas that seem worth revisiting ...