Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Memed

I have been tagged by Tom Loughlin at Poor Player with a meme aqpparently started by George Hunka. The structure:

  • Find the nearest book.
  • Turn to page 123.
  • Go to the fifth sentence on the page.
  • Copy out the next three sentences and post to your blog.
  • Name the book and the author, and tag three more folks.

  • The first book I grabbed, The Art of Living by Epictetus, didn't have 123 pages! So I moved one book down in the pile. The results (which I find particularly hilarious, given that I am from Wisconsin) are as follows:

    "My impressions of the State of Wisconsin are, of course, selective, emotional, intuitive, and in any real sense, non-historical. I can see no overall trait that characterizes Wisconsin people, and my impressions are like short pieces of music each with its own temnpo and color. My search in Wisconsin (as always) has been for the flavor and variety of place, and what understanding I have of Wisconsin is based on these things."

    I tag Brian and Jess and Jill.

    No comments:

    Think Again: Funding and Budgets in the Arts

    Every once in a while, I think I'll post a link or two to posts written earlier in the life of Theatre Ideas that seem worth revisiting ...