Friday, May 11, 2007

Shaking Head

Thanks to Isaac for drawing our attention to David Cote's review of Church, which ends with this paragraph:

Of course, if artists (or scientists) could find out why some people can’t do without supernatural bigotry, the world would be a better place. Since religion is bad theater for stupid people, I will happily worship in the house of Young Jean Lee.

All I can say is: Here is the line; here is Cote -- WAY over it.
Oh, and re: bigotry -- pot -- kettle -- black.

1 comment:

Leonard Jacobs said...

Hear, hear. It just crossed the line in the worst way, and frankly I think the community has a right to expect more and better of him -- of all critics, in fact.

Think Again: Funding and Budgets in the Arts

Every once in a while, I think I'll post a link or two to posts written earlier in the life of Theatre Ideas that seem worth revisiting ...