Saturday, July 07, 2007

On Being a Thinking Blogger

Many thanks to Laura Axelrod for giving me a "Thinking Blogger Award." The origin of the award is the Thinking Blog, and the rules are as follows:

1. If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think,
2. Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme,
3. Optional: Proudly display the 'Thinking Blogger Award' with a link to the post that you wrote (here is an alternative silver version if gold doesn't fit your blog).

The five blogs that make me think are as follows (and I will not include those already tagged by Laura, or Laura herself, although that makes this list incomplete):

Arlene Goldbard: Culture, Politics, and Spirituality: Arlene is a renowned expert and leader in community-based arts, and so her insights are worth their weight in gold to me. But in addition, as someone who sometimes gets a little too up-in-my-head, I appreciate Arlene's introspective, heartfelt posts that bring me back to my feelings.

Jill Dolan: The Feminist Spectator: Jill's insights bring me great joy, her non-elitist joy in all kinds of art reminds me to refuse to get too damned academic, and her writing soars.

Ian MacKenzie: Theatre Is Territory: There is a refreshing openness to this blog, a joy in the many different people and ideas that make up the theatre scene in Canada and the US. This is an engaged blog that is simulatenously non-judgmental.

Matt Freeman: On Theatre and Politics: I really like Matt's no-nonsense, pragmatic thought processes. He can cut through the BS like no other.

Andrew Taylor: The Artful Manager: Like Matt, Andrew has a pragmatic flavor to his blog. I admire the way he brings in ideas from all over the intellectual map and applies them to theatre. Great stuff.

Thanks to you all, and the many others who contribute their thoughts to the theatrosphere, that keep me inspired, stimulated, and entertained.

1 comment:

Art said...

Hey,

There is lots to think about on Wired this month with their Assignment Zero Project. They examine crowdsourcing from many different angles:

http://mirroruptolife.blogspot.com/2007/07/in-wired-this-week-we-have-discussion.html

There is lots of talk of community as well.

Think Again: Funding and Budgets in the Arts

Every once in a while, I think I'll post a link or two to posts written earlier in the life of Theatre Ideas that seem worth revisiting ...