Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Meet Uke Jackson, The Unknown Playwright

If you haven't been reading Uke Jackson's blog "The Unknown Playwright Speaks," it is definitely worth a read. I'd start here with "Some Might Say It's a Miracle," in which he describes his background. We don't always agree (which pretty much could be said of anyone with a brain, actually), but I feel a connection somehow. If you're looking for the way that class plays out in theatre, and also how personal determination also plays out, visit Uke. Good stuff.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow! Thanks, Scott! I'm honored. I'm also going to have to read that post again to see what's there.

Think Again: Funding and Budgets in the Arts

Every once in a while, I think I'll post a link or two to posts written earlier in the life of Theatre Ideas that seem worth revisiting ...