Saturday, March 15, 2008

First Rumblings, Perhaps

Lee Holbroke drew my attention to a post on the McCarter Theatre blog by Alan Immerwahr called "Musings on a Third Theatre." Thanks Lee. Apparently Mike Daisey's ideas, and those being exhcange in the theatrosphere, are being heard somewhat. I think this is a step in the right direction, but as Immerwahr recognizes the weight of the Big Box theatre makes everything difficult. Full productions for new plays by "emerging artists" is a nice start, and I applaud it. There is still a long way to go to a resident company with at least one resident playwright. Back to the future.

No comments:

Think Again: Funding and Budgets in the Arts

Every once in a while, I think I'll post a link or two to posts written earlier in the life of Theatre Ideas that seem worth revisiting ...