Thursday, March 01, 2007

Show Blog

I have begun an experiment connected with my production of The Philadelphia Story, which had its first rehearsal last night. I have created a blog for anyone involved with the show to blog the rehearsal process. I am hoping that this will serve two purposes. First, I emailed the campus community announcing the creatLinkion of the blog in the hopes that some people might be interested in getting a "behind the scenes" look at the process. I am hoping that a stronger sense of connection between artists and community will develop from this interaction. For the students, I am hoping that blogging about their experience will encourage reflective thought about what they do and how they do it, so that the production process is more than simply putting on a show. After all, it is educational theatre!

In case you'd like to follow the process, and perhaps offer some words of support or advice in the comments box, the URL is: http://uncaphiladelphiastory.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Think Again: Funding and Budgets in the Arts

Every once in a while, I think I'll post a link or two to posts written earlier in the life of Theatre Ideas that seem worth revisiting ...