Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Global and Local

Over at Que 23 (see blogroll), Lucas Krech presents and alternate vision to the one I have been laying out. His idea of "Global Frequency and Networked Art" seems to move theatre into a non-localized company of free agent artists brought together for specific projects according to their particular strengths. It is a powerful vision, and one that has many things to recommend it. I urge you to read it. While I have not yet completed the posts for my Model Theatre, and I also have an email from Isaac Butler that I wish to contribute, I think the general outlines of Lucas' and my visions, at least as it pertains to this aspect of production, are fairly clear.

From your perspective, what are the strengths and weaknesses of each approach? And also, is there a level where the two visions meet in any way?

No comments:

Think Again: Funding and Budgets in the Arts

Every once in a while, I think I'll post a link or two to posts written earlier in the life of Theatre Ideas that seem worth revisiting ...