Friday, June 20, 2008

So Here's the Plan

For a while, at least, I intend to focus much (but not all) of my posting on books and on-line reports that I think will be of value to the theatre world. These books and studies will mostly be drawn from the areas of management, artist-audience relationship, marketing, and development, or books outside the theatre subject area that nonetheless have something relevant to say.  I'll try to give a flavor of the work's content, so you can make a decision as to whether you should read it yourself. That said, my summary will not be thorough enough to serve as a substitute for reading the book yourself. There are a lot of people out there who are doing real research into matters that might help theatre artists live more productive and secure lives, and we need to get beyond the urban myths that pass for conventional wisdom in the independent theatre world.

If you are interested in contributing to this effort, I will willingly accept guest posts as part of the series.
Blogged with the Flock Browser

1 comment:

RVCBard said...

Scott,

I'd love to buy "Introduction to Play Analysis" and your new book, but they're a little out of my price range at the moment. Where can I get them "wholesale" (or extremely discounted)?

Think Again: Funding and Budgets in the Arts

Every once in a while, I think I'll post a link or two to posts written earlier in the life of Theatre Ideas that seem worth revisiting ...